Living & Learning
Beyond the Classroom
College & Main Sustainability Newsletter
As part of Sustainability 2020 and Poultney 2020's effort to bridge the gap between Poultney and GMC, the College & Main newsletter was created to communicate sustainability happenings around GMC and Poultney, as well as to provide a calendar of events happening on campus and in town. The newsletter, which is released monthly and distributed around campus and local Poultney businesses, will also be available for download here. View past issues of College & Main below (PDF).
The GMC Eco-Rep program was initially funded by a Fall 2011 SCGF proposal, and was designed to create students leaders for campus sustainability. Interested students are chosen based on quality of application, determination to be part of the program, and displayed leadership and involvement in campus activities. Eco-Reps will be fitted with a number of responsibilities including:
- Running Green Move Out in the spring and Green Move In in the fall
- Designing and maintaining a bulletin board full of sustainability related information
- Maintaining the campus Free Store located in the basement of Withey Hall
- Organize hub garbage and recycling bins to ensure proper waste management
- Attending complex meetings to serve assist RAs in sustainability education
- Hosting one sustainability related project/program per semester
- Serving as a sustainability resource for their assigned residence hall GMC Eco-Reps will help spread the word to all residential students about waste reduction, water use reduction, supporting local businesses, environmentally friendly cleaning practices, and energy conservation.